Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

The betting odds -- which in my jaundiced view are nothing more than organized crime's message telling referees whom to favor -- tell me that, if all else fails, Detroit will be robbed next week on a crooked penalty call. Will it be a bad offside call? Bad roughing the passer call? Unsportsmanlike conduct?

Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers betting odds
    Opening game lines and odds from BetMGM as of Sunday night:

Spread: 49ers [[-7).

Over/under: 51 points.

Moneyline: 49ers [[-300), Lions [[+240).

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    The betting odds -- which in my jaundiced view are nothing more than organized crime's message telling referees whom to favor -- tell me that, if all else fails, Detroit will be robbed next week on a crooked penalty call. Will it be a bad offside call? Bad roughing the passer call? Unsportsmanlike conduct?
    Wow, the lights aren’t even off at Ford Field after this awesome victory. Not much fun at parties are ya Henry?

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    Wow, the lights aren’t even off at Ford Field after this awesome victory. Not much fun at parties are ya Henry?
    No, not much fun at parties. And not much of a gambling man.

This team isn’t afraid of anyone or anything. They overcome adversity, legacy, injury and being an underdog on the road. See week 1. They did a fantastic job making into the NFC championship game. Not easy in this league. No worries Henry, there is no shortage of enthusiastic fans. Bring on the niners and Go Lions!
    Last edited by ABetterDetroit; January-21-24 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Detroit Lions vs. San Francisco 49ers betting odds
    Opening game lines and odds from BetMGM as of Sunday night:

Spread: 49ers [[-7).

Over/under: 51 points.

Moneyline: 49ers [[-300), Lions [[+240).
    After the Lions/Cowboys debacle no official would want to make a bad call just to offset the game. Lions going to the Superbowl

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    After the Lions/Cowboys debacle no official would want to make a bad call just to offset the game. Lions going to the Superbowl
    Lions draw controversial referee for NFC Championship against the 49ers [[yahoo.com)

Thank goodness it's not Brad Allen. This guy couldn't be any worse.