I agree with sumas, check the facts.

Someone wrote, "Those empty houses you see have all been stripped, If the price of real estate in the area increases, those places may come back to life. If not, you'll be seeing vacant lots for a long time."

That is not totally correct. Sure, homes have been stripped in EEV as they have been in other Detroit and non-Detroit communities. But, not all EEV abandoned have been stripped as mentioned. Residents of this neighborhood care about the neighborhood, they maintain the vacant homes, watch them for suspicious activity and call the police if someone tries to break in. Believe it or not the Detroit police DO respond. The community organization works tirelessly with police and city officials to make sure the neighborhood is safe, building codes are enforced and they ticket those homeowners that do not maintain their property.

What does the future hold for EEV? Who knows? I do know that EEV has experienced its ups and downs like many Detroit neighborhoods. As a long time resident [[20+ years), I can tell you it is still one of the most stable and well maintained neighborhoods in the city. I believe home foreclosures have slowed significantly and families are now buying the beautiful, one of a kind foreclosed homes at incredible prices. Would I recommend the EEV to others? Without a doubt!