Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    It's not laughable about what his policies are doing to the lower and middle class. Snyder caters to business and the rich only. He could care less about kids, education and the working class as he suggests. But unfortunately, looks like we'll be stuck with him another 4 years. I only hope Michigan won't get any worse for it.
    Is that Kool-Aid quenching your thirst?

Your comment is absurd. Snyder is a moderate Republican. I understand you don't like his methods and choices. But there's no reason to say what you are about his concern for kids, education, and the working class.

I personally believe his policies are serving them better than Granholm. Its just my opinion. I didn't like Granholm's approach, but I don't feel the need to suggest that she was insincere.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Is that Kool-Aid quenching your thirst?

Your comment is absurd. Snyder is a moderate Republican. I understand you don't like his methods and choices. But there's no reason to say what you are about his concern for kids, education, and the working class.

I personally believe his policies are serving them better than Granholm. Its just my opinion. I didn't like Granholm's approach, but I don't feel the need to suggest that she was insincere.
    And we agree to disagree. I can recall plenty of ABSURD comments on various subjects made by you sir on this board. Snyder is a divisive politician. You can kiss his _ss all you want, just let it be known everyone doesn't like him or his policies. Granholm wasn't great either, neither was her predecessor Engler, so that's 3 bad eggs in the basket. Snyder is slick as a can of oil, all the things he's changed and rushed into law so he can't be accountable for, such as his Secret Fund that he doesn't have to divulge where, how much, and who his contributions [[Cock Bros and other GOP power brokers) come from. As well as cutting funding from schools to give big business tax breaks. He really cares about kids and the middle class. Right... You keep drinking his KOOL-AID, hope you don't choke on it.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-02-14 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    And we agree to disagree. I can recall plenty of ABSURD comments on various subjects made by you sir on this board. Snyder is a divisive politician. You can kiss his _ss all you want, just let it be known everyone doesn't like him or his policies. Granholm wasn't great either, neither was her predecessor Engler, so that's 3 bad eggs in the basket. Snyder is slick as a can of oil, all the things he's changed and rushed into law so he can't be accountable for, such as his Secret Fund that he doesn't have to divulge where, how much, and who his contributions [[Cock Bros and other GOP power brokers) come from. As well as cutting funding from schools to give big business tax breaks. He really cares about kids and the middle class. Right... You keep drinking his KOOL-AID, hope you don't choke on it.
    So, don't vote for Snyder next time, you have every right to vote for someone else.

Soapy Williams was the governor for quite a long time and ran the state right into the toilet financially. No one seems to complain about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post

Your comment is absurd. Snyder is a moderate Republican.
    I'm not trying to be incendiary this time, but what makes him a moderate Republican?

I know our local news has parroted that a lot, but what exactly makes him "moderate"?

We now have a RTW state and he has concurred with the denial of gay marraige benefits. He slashes taxes for corporations while eliminating tax credits for low-to-middle income earners. While his education funding is somewhat mixed [[and extremely convoluted), he heavily slashed funding to state universities.

I don't mean it as a slam, I'm just saying he seems pretty damn run-of-the-mill Republican to me.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I don't mean it as a slam, I'm just saying he seems pretty damn run-of-the-mill Republican to me.
    Well yesterday's run-of-the-mill is today's moderate, unfortunately. Like or dislike him, he's nowhere as extreme as the tea partiers, the Sarah Palins, the Glenn Becks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Well yesterday's run-of-the-mill is today's moderate, unfortunately. Like or dislike him, he's nowhere as extreme as the tea partiers, the Sarah Palins, the Glenn Becks, etc.
    Thanks for clarifying. Not being a lunatic fascist makes one moderate these days. Strange times we live in.