Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Rendering, hot off the presses.
    Name:  Di9LJUEWsAAatT5.jpg
Views: 8234
Size:  170.6 KB
    It's not that big a lot, I wonder if they're going to incorporate the back of the Michigan Mutual Building...

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    It's not that big a lot, I wonder if they're going to incorporate the back of the Michigan Mutual Building...
    Great news.

The rendering basically implies the giant parking ramp building for Grand Park Centre is going away. Note this ramp [[which looks like a building) is on Elizabeth Street but is directly attached and connected over the alley to the large Grand Park Centre building which is on Adams facing Grand Circus Park.

Long story short, one existing building is losing its attached parking garage, but it looks like the new garage will be bigger with an expanded footprint going to Woodward, with the HQ built above.

I am guessing there will be some arrangement for Grand Park Centre occupants to park in this new ramp, and wonder if a connection will be rebuilt. Again though, great news for the city. I just wish they could “hide” the parking ramp portion better on the Woodward frontage.

Added: The other interesting tidbit is that the HVAC for the Grand Park Centre is above the mentioned attached parking ramp that is going away. I wonder how that aspect will work out also. In any event, I hope this project also “activates” the alley between Elizabeth and Adams, like many of Gilbert’s projects have been doing recently.
    Last edited by Atticus; July-25-18 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Great news.
    Thanks for the clarification! I've never really studied that building before, but this is indeed good news.