Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    Here is an 1876 map of the Smith farm, which may hold some clues about the orientation of the house.

To orient you, the "Pontiac Road" on the east of the map is Woodward. I believe that the black boundary line on the southern edge of the Smith farm is where Davison is today, and the northern edge is just a little north of Oakman. I think the road to the east of the farm is now Rosa Parks Blvd. [[12th St.). Note where Fenkell [[5 Mile) seems to begin just to the north.

This map shows 2 structures on the Smith farm [[the black dots). One of them is just north of where I think Davison is now, and the other on a street that no longer exists that appears as if it may be an extension of today's Glendale.

Name:  smith farm 1876.jpg
Views: 3903
Size:  146.0 KB

Here is a link to the entire map of what was then Greenfield Township:
    http://quod.lib.umich.edu/m/micounty...image&size=400
    Do I spot a plot of land owned by a W. Mouch just above the stream, at the corner of today's Fenkell and Rosa Parks?

Any relation? Still Alive??

I've only heard of one other centuries old Detroiter, in that Jarmusch film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TbxI_oRSKI

Name:  only-lovers-left-alive.jpg
Views: 3586
Size:  14.4 KB

Apologies again.
    Last edited by bust; February-29-16 at 03:06 AM.