Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

The city of Detroit is imploding due to lack of tax revenue. Down 1000 police officers since 2005. And you are so happy that you got five tax reductions? Couldn't you compromise your sense of justice [[for yourself) a little and suck up a couple of hundred dollars in overpayment for the good of this community? You can afford to have rental properties but you'd argue over how much?

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    The city of Detroit is imploding due to lack of tax revenue. Down 1000 police officers since 2005. And you are so happy that you got five tax reductions? Couldn't you compromise your sense of justice [[for yourself) a little and suck up a couple of hundred dollars in overpayment for the good of this community? You can afford to have rental properties but you'd argue over how much?
    and with that post I'm sure you whipped out your check book and sent the city a $500 check... just because.....

Yeah, in fact - why try to make money at all. Everything should be equal and no one should own anything! Our friend Johann Most said it best "He who negates present society, and seeks social conditions based on the sharing of property, is a revolutionary whether he calls himself an anarchist or a communist" Communism is really the only way out of this mess eh SWMAP?

I agree that the city is imploding, there is very little middle class tax base. I don't understand why a person should have to pay a higher property tax then is fair for those reasons. To me, it doesn't make sense. Perhaps the poster gives back to the community in other ways.

How many rentals do you own and over pay taxes on in the COD? Just curious.

You gotta be kidding, right? What's the punch line, I'm waiting for my laugh.

I'm sure there are more folks out there renting properties and not really making a profit??? The city profits by having one less vacant property. It doesn't bother me to rent a house and only get enough to pay the water bill, taxes, and oh so high insurance. I suppose others would prefer I just leave the property because its not profitable for me? Oh wait, that it what so many investers have done, just leaving my city to rot... Paying some taxes is definately better than paying none. I suppose everyone has the right to their own opinion. To each his/her own.