Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post

Just yesterday I discovered this odd, isolated block of townhouses in Shelby Township. Frankly, I don't know what to think of it. It seems out of place in its isolation but maybe there's some greater plan. Yes, it does have ground floor retail. It almost has a European feel once you get into the middle of it.

Does anyone know anything about this development?

Pretty interesting, Jimaz.

At first, when I looked at the link picture I noticed the wide sidewalks which was funny looking in the middle of nowhere. Then as I looked into your streetview link it became apparent that the street level had retail like old time Detroit had. I think what happens here is that this main road is a lead-in to the more suburban residential areas. I think it is a good experiment to retry this and see where the ball hits the post or actually commits a goal. The telling thing will be whether the residents of this commercial street coexist with the business setting without being judged trailer something or other. This looks like a newfangled version of a Montreal street to tell you the truth, with lots of renters and small buslnesses in high density.