Quote Originally Posted by dbpix View Post
As a resident of SCS I can tell you we are under siege. There are shootings and robberies every other day up and down my street. No, not really!
What do you mean how long can the pointes, hw and scs hang on? You make it sound like theres an army of murderes and thieves fighting at the boarders fighting to get in and wreck havoc on these locations. Of course there are incidents in the city and a few times the losers caught have been from the D, probably more than half the time. I just depend on the police and fellow residents to keep order in my city. Most of the time it works.
Gotta agree 100%. With 3 minute 911 response time, I sleep safe at night, and can go to the nearby 7-Eleven at 1AM without concern. SCS is still a nice quiet safe area to live in... ditto for the Grosse Pointes.

HOWEVER... the East English Village and Cornerstone Village [[between EEV and St. John Hospital) areas are under siege. Property values have decreased by 80% in the last 3 years. There is "significan" percentage of empty foreclosed homes in this neighborhood... and the blight of tear down homes has started to infiltrate this area. Add to that the fact that fatass Engler eliminated the Copper Canyon police/fire residency rule, and you have the makings of some serious decline in the area, especially with the abyssmal response time to 911 calls.

When my mother passed away last year living near Balduck Park... we literally sold her house for the same money that she and my late father purchased it for in 1960.... $15,000. Much of her neighborhood is now rental property, and there has been an increase in home breakins.