Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

@ C_K: Why is it lame for anybody to profit from selling a t-shirt? The United States Government profits the most from every cigarette smoked, and yet they are worshiped for it because the money is a tax, something Americans just can't seem to pay enough of these days. As a matter of fact, I want one of these shirts. Leyland looks bad ass with that fag. I may even start smoking as a result of wearing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dent View Post
    @ C_K: Why is it lame for anybody to profit from selling a t-shirt? The United States Government profits the most from every cigarette smoked, and yet they are worshiped for it because the money is a tax, something Americans just can't seem to pay enough of these days. As a matter of fact, I want one of these shirts. Leyland looks bad ass with that fag. I may even start smoking as a result of wearing it too.
    What does this post have to do with issue? Of course people like the shirt. Profits, no profits...whatever. This is entirely about brand and trademark protection. Especially in the case of baseball teams, they have very strict trademarks on their logos to prevent counterfeit merchandise. But these restrictions are evenly enforced....even when it's just fun and games.

If they remove the D...maybe they can continue selling the shirt. But what a stupid idea to put the logo on there in the first place. No brains...and all for just $500. I guarantee when the letter hits, sales will stop and the owners of the shirts already sold will be holding a nice collectors item.
    Last edited by wolverine; March-27-12 at 11:30 PM.

I was addressing the “lame” remark posted above by C_K. in respect to smoking. Of course this is an infringement on the copyrights held by the Detroit Tigers franchise.I still want one. [[Size XL please)

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    What does this post have to do with issue? Of course people like the shirt. Profits, no profits...whatever. This is entirely about brand and trademark protection. Especially in the case of baseball teams, they have very strict trademarks on their logos to prevent counterfeit merchandise. But these restrictions are evenly enforced....even when it's just fun and games.

If they remove the D...maybe they can continue selling the shirt. But what a stupid idea to put the logo on there in the first place. No brains...and all for just $500. I guarantee when the letter hits, sales will stop and the owners of the shirts already sold will be holding a nice collectors item.
    Every time I am at that bar someone is talking about or buying one of the shirts. I'd imagine right now they are selling even more considering Lou [[The Owner) has been on the radio and in the newspaper just because of the shirts.

The publicity alone I'm sure was worth it, the sales now are just a bonus.