Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Long time since I was there, late 90s. I think Howling Diablos was playing... wasn't there a stuffed bear in that place? lol

Default The Sticker is most likely for CO2

The hazardous materials sticker is most likely for the CO2 [[carbon dioxide) tanks in the building. CO2 tanks, whether large or small, can leak. Just guessing...

I never made it there. When the BF open?

If I remember, it was quite a surprise for a bar, omg, a bar was opening in sleepy Berkley. Or is my memory going bad again?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I never made it there. When the BF open?

If I remember, it was quite a surprise for a bar, omg, a bar was opening in sleepy Berkley. Or is my memory going bad again?
    It opened early no earlier than 89. David E Davis Jr was a partner. The big thing it had going was no smoking, no crappy food and 50 good beers on tap.

Their slogan was "No rice, no ice".

It was not a big deal that a bar opened in Berkley, but that a good bar opened in Berkley. The 3 things you can do non stop in Berkley are get alcohol, get pizza and go to church, spent 32 years living there.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It opened early no earlier than 89. David E Davis Jr was a partner. The big thing it had going was no smoking, no crappy food and 50 good beers on tap.

Their slogan was "No rice, no ice".

It was not a big deal that a bar opened in Berkley, but that a good bar opened in Berkley. The 3 things you can do non stop in Berkley are get alcohol, get pizza and go to church, spent 32 years living there.
    Thanks. I remember when it opened that it was a 'big deal'.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave70 View Post
    Long time since I was there, late 90s. I think Howling Diablos was playing... wasn't there a stuffed bear in that place? lol
    I think your talking about the Bears Den which was where Kid Rock changed his style and gained more of a following.