Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

No, the Kress was by Lonyo. There was a big picture window with a fabulous neon sign in the window. with "Kress" in cursive. The couple that owned it retired and moved to Florida. Everything in the bar was sold, including the impressive bar. I wonder who bought the neon sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa View Post
    No, the Kress was by Lonyo. There was a big picture window with a fabulous neon sign in the window. with "Kress" in cursive. The couple that owned it retired and moved to Florida. Everything in the bar was sold, including the impressive bar. I wonder who bought the neon sign.
    I remember that big neon sign. My dad & I went in there for a beer once. For a while I lived downriver. When I got back to living in this area, Kress was gone, & I keep trying to remember where it stood. Although Addison is only a few blocks west of Lonyo. I'll have to drive by there again.
    Last edited by jackie5275; January-20-10 at 11:42 AM. Reason: add more thought

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    I remember that big neon sign. My dad & I went in there for a beer once. For a while I lived downriver. When I got back to living in this area, Kress was gone, & I keep trying to remember where it stood. Although Addison is only a few blocks west of Lonyo. I'll have to drive by there again.
    Look for the middle of the used car lot. There's an indent in the curb where the street used to be. That's where the Kress was located.
    Last edited by 1KielsonDrive; January-20-10 at 11:52 AM.