Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by stinkytofu View Post
    Tragic.

http://detnews.com/article/20111023/...-leaves-5-dead

This happens far too often on the Lodge. I don't know if it is poor signage, drunk driving, stupid drivers...or some mix, but it's very troublesome and, frankly, scary as heck. In rush hour coming down the Lodge I have no fears, but if I have to drive that stretch late at night I've considered taking Woodward for this exact reason...and I think I'm really going to abide by that now.
    The accident was in Southfield. Wouldn't taking Woodward take you out of the way? The Lodge is really the only way one can get to that part of town from downtown without going out of the way.

That said, no street is really safe at night. Drunk drivers can be everywhere and anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    The accident was in Southfield. Wouldn't taking Woodward take you out of the way? The Lodge is really the only way one can get to that part of town from downtown without going out of the way.

That said, no street is really safe at night. Drunk drivers can be everywhere and anywhere.
    If you have to get to Bloomfield Township, the three options - Lodge to Evergreen, Woodward, 75 to Big Beaver - are pretty close timewise.