Quote Originally Posted by casscorridor View Post
So stupid. I see this repeated dozens of times around the downtown/midtown area. Especially around the university where [[until very recently) literally nothing stays open past 7 or 8 [[not including bars of course). I tell the business owners that they should stay open and they look at me like I'm crazy, when in reality they are the crazy ones. They extremely underestimate the potential for night crowds. There are thousands of students that live on or near campus that don't go out because businesses shut their doors to them. Someone is going to make a fortune by opening up some late night places near the university.

But the same goes for Downtown, i think its insane how so many places close, especially a full restaurant. The owners probably don't live Downtown so they probably don't even know what it is like after they leave at 6 PM.
I completely agree. Business owners say they don't stay open because nobody is downtown at night...well nobody is downtown at night because they have no place to eat! I east downtown after 8pm about 2-3 times a week. I end up going to the same handful of places. When I eat out during the day I have a ton of options, but at night it is fairly limited. It would be one thing if there was an overabundance of that particular type of place, but the last time I checked we are not over our heads in Mediterranean food.