Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

[QUOTE=bust;617786]I so sooo agree, and further: the Lodge should end at 75.

It would be easier to end the Lodge at Michigan Ave than at I-75. Just my assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    I so sooo agree, and further: the Lodge should end at 75.

It would be easier to end the Lodge at Michigan Ave than at I-75. Just my assessment.
    Name:  lodge ends at 75.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  97.1 KB
    since we're on the topic, i'm gonna throw you all another janky mockup here's the lodge ending at 75 but with an on-ramp via Michigan Ave. off-ramps would go to 75 or 75's service drive.

but for real there is SO much extra downtown space to be had cutting the lodge above Michigan! it would add traffic to Trumbull and 3rd as channels toward the convention center but that's really the only drawback i can think of. that whole area is dystopian concrete pasta.
    Last edited by kuuma; November-06-21 at 07:51 PM.

Interesting concept!

Quote Originally Posted by kuuma View Post
    Name:  lodge ends at 75.jpg
Views: 1272
Size:  97.1 KB
    since we're on the topic, i'm gonna throw you all another janky mockup here's the lodge ending at 75 but with an on-ramp via Michigan Ave. off-ramps would go to 75 or 75's service drive.

but for real there is SO much extra downtown space to be had cutting the lodge above Michigan! it would add traffic to Trumbull and 3rd as channels toward the convention center but that's really the only drawback i can think of. that whole area is dystopian concrete pasta.

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Totally agree exit ramps into downtown and entrance ramps into the Lodge/75 from downtown should use the footprint already established by Michigan Ave.

But what a shame were the Lodge to exit West onto Michigan, and collect traffic North via onramps from there. It'd eat up as much Corktown as removing the Lodge South would provide. Not another Gratiot-Orleans.

South on the Lodge or North 75 not exiting downtown? An exit a little West would be an insignificant delay. No zooms, and what's left of Corktown could remain. Or if Corktown's where you're headed, and there's where you're coming from, go easy. Would you destroy where you're headed for a minute's gain?

Royce, your insights are spot on, as usual.
    Last edited by bust; November-06-21 at 10:45 PM.