Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Not being a Wolverine I still saw a guy who came into the place and make it look bush league. Raising prices on student tickets? Fireworks over the stadium? Sky writing? Odd promotions with Coca Cola? Releasing press releases at 1:00AM after bungling a student's injury??

He made a mockery of what was once a storied franchise. It's going to take years for UofM to recover from his mismanagement of the football program. He is to the university what Matt Millen was to the Lions- a horrible foppish blemish.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    Not being a Wolverine I still saw a guy who came into the place and make it look bush league. Raising prices on student tickets? Fireworks over the stadium? Sky writing? Odd promotions with Coca Cola? Releasing press releases at 1:00AM after bungling a student's injury??

He made a mockery of what was once a storied franchise. It's going to take years for UofM to recover from his mismanagement of the football program. He is to the university what Matt Millen was to the Lions- a horrible foppish blemish.
    It goes beyond the football team. $6 bottles of waters and music shows that seemed to forget the band. I would call his crime fan abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by noggin View Post
    It goes beyond the football team. $6 bottles of waters and music shows that seemed to forget the band. I would call his crime fan abuse.
    Oh I know. I just listed the few things that were at the tip of my tongue. He tried to turn an academic institution into a sheer money making brand as opposed to just maintaining an amazing brand. UofM folk are loyal to a fault. They buy anything with the block M, but they're not dumbasses either. They know when they were given a subpar product on the field and getting shafted with the "amenities".

Bad gimmicks does not make a good program. He needed to go and there was no way he was going to survive the sh!t storm coming his way.