Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DeLemur View Post
    Council surprisingly acted like it should, by responsibly investigating and considering the bond, and then denying it under a Mayor whose projects they most always support. Demolitions by the Mayor were rife with mismanagement and corruption - why continue that? Let's talk a bond that rebuilds the Recreation Centers! Or a bond for the Joe Louis greenway!
    Better yet, how about a bond to finally fix the potholes and pave the fucking streets. Enough with the empty parks and bike lanes.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Better yet, how about a bond to finally fix the potholes and pave the fucking streets. Enough with the empty parks and bike lanes.
    E. Jefferson is like a road in Baghdad. So dangerous.
    I'd rather see the money from that needless I-94 expansion, diverted into Detroit roads and bridges.

I'd rather see the money from that needless I-94 expansion, diverted into Detroit roads and bridges.
    You can't use Federal Highway funds for local roads. They can only be used on freeways. So about 80% of the money being used for the I-94 expansion cannot be used for local roads. Either you use it for the freeway or you don't get it. I-94 is in desperate need of rebuilding.

Um.... they are spending I-94 money on bridges.... every one of the I-94 bridges between Conner and I-96 are in bad shape and need replacing [[some are replaced already), which will continue until 2023, when the last of the bridges [[the railroad bridges) are replaced. They are being widened for an eventual 4th lane, but the true I-94 expansion won't happen until 2024 and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Um.... they are spending I-94 money on bridges.... every one of the I-94 bridges between Conner and I-96 are in bad shape and need replacing [[some are replaced already), which will continue until 2023, when the last of the bridges [[the railroad bridges) are replaced. They are being widened for an eventual 4th lane, but the true I-94 expansion won't happen until 2024 and beyond.
    Gistok and Richard,

What's the percentage cost of the freeway widening part of the I- 94 project? I didn't realize they were replacing every bridge.

[[thread hijack)