Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by daveyarm View Post
    @Bailey:
    "regarding the "only three cars".... that is because this is a tourist/special events trolley. Not mass transit."
    How in the world did you reach that conclusion? Do you seriously think tourists want to ride up and down Woodward Avenue? As for special events, what would be the point – – – leave Comerica, or the Opera House, etc., to go where on Woodward? To the complete contrary, this Downtown Detroiter plans to use the M1 to go to my bank up Woodward, to my pharmacy, and other shopping needs. To me it will be reliable mass transit.
    Pretty sure that was the same justification behind the people mover. The people mover's 15 million annual ridership prediction was a joke and its main function turned out to be a parking shuttle for special events.

also.. please do not mistake my cynicism on this project as anti-transit.
    Last edited by bailey; May-15-13 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bailey View Post
    Pretty sure that was the same justification behind the people mover. The people mover's main function turned out to be a parking shuttle for special events.
    And I have the feeling this is going to be the same scenario. The other thing that gets me is why have it "jaywalk" accross Woodward twice? Have you ever been on Woodward when an event let's out?