Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    So this is "Good News" to some people? I'm not sure how.

I'm was tired of listening to Metal Licka' 5 minutes after they started. You don't seem to realize that this isn't Yasgur's farm. People actually LIVE around there and make that area their home. Some don't want to spend their days off listening to loud, head banging, "music".

You guys really thought it was so "disruptive" to other users of the park, yet I don't hear you bitching and moaning about the Grand Prix every year or the boat races.

Probably because you're deaf from the Metal Licka' "concert".

Don't be selective and single out something when there are other events that take over the entire island for a weekend as well. I almost think it's a perfect spot for a concert venue. Or would you rather have music blaring in downtown for three days like DEMF, with people trashing the city and nobody left to pick up after it once it's over?

WOW! We wouldn't want to disturb the sleeping yupsters in Midtown, now, do we? But trash and disturb the populace and the area around Belle Isle? Well, that's Ok. "As long as it isn't in your backyard".

How did the city gain "very little" from the concert? They got paid to host it, the fields that it took place on were replanted by the concert promoter, and it essentially gave Detroit another event that to host on a yearly basis. I think that hosting a signature event like this is exactly the type of thing Detroit needs, and the mentality that it's small potatoes and no big deal is flat out wrong.

Thanx for your thoughts. Tell you what, host it in your backyard, and keep the money.
    I'm not going to get into a trivial argument over something you're incorrect about. I can literally refute every idiotic comment you made but don't really wanna waste my time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg19 View Post
    I'm not going to get into a trivial argument over something you're incorrect about. I can literally refute every idiotic comment you made but don't really wanna waste my time.
    Great! Because you'd be wasting mine too.