er.. ah.. uh... we'll see what happens, I suppose.
I'm not part of the largely suburban/outstate "wanting to see him die in prison" crowd. ​But I'm also not among the "second coming of Coleman Young... Biblical redemption story" crowd regarding his pending release. I'm not coming to his paid lecture events [[they're coming. And yeah, if he earns his legal bread that way, so be it). I just hope he humbles himself and totally leaves politics alone from now on. Just leave it alone.
A former coworker told me more than a few times that, pre-mayoral bid, Mr. K was a solid presence in facilitating a male youth mentoring program at the then-Marcus Garvey Academy school in the city. Post-inauguration, he couldn't get a meeting to save his life. Oh well.
I was also a coworker with Ms. Beatty's mother: a sweet and smart woman, and she absolutely never talked about "the stuff" [[before, during, or after-- not that I blame her). To my knowledge she's moved to the Atlanta area to help out with her grandkids.
Mr. K., Go see your sons. Be there for them. The "Detroit machine/ trough/ swamp" ain't where it's at anymore. For everybody's sake.