Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

^^^ HT, cut it out with these kind of comments. Do we need to go here? Sure, sometimes, we all joke and what not but to assume someone is on medication is a bit much. Cool it, please.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-22-14 at 09:08 AM.

Regarding safety of the area, I think it is relative to what you're accustom to and the neighborhood you establish. I am not an east-sider and tend to feel more comfortable with the west side, mostly because I KNOW it well; know its better areas from the bad areas. I am aware of the buffer areas of the west side and where to go and not go. I am not so certain on the east side. So I'd not likely move there.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-23-14 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^^^ HT, cut it out with these kind of comments. Do we need to go here? Sure, sometimes, we all joke and what not but to assume someone is on medication is a bit much. Cool it, please.
    Thank you Zacha, that was a kind defense. My only med is an inhaler for asthma. A very common condition in Detroit.
    Last edited by sumas; April-22-14 at 10:35 AM.

^^^ For certain. It can't be good to live near the incinerator.

^^^ For certain. It can't be good to live near the incinerator.
    I thought sumas lived near Belle Isle and Indian Village [[I have family who lives in that same area)?

That is the lower east side and not far from downtown, but it's not quite near the incinerator [[I-94 and I-75) either.

^^^ My comment was in regards to her saying she uses an inhaler for asthma. Not her living near the incinerator.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-23-14 at 07:48 AM.

^^^ My comment was in regards to her saying she uses an inhaler for asthma. Not her living near the incinerator.
    Ok, I wasn't sure.

When I first read it, as seemed as if you were attributing your asthma to living near the incinerator.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I thought sumas lived near Belle Isle and Indian Village [[I have family who lives in that same area)?

That is the lower east side and not far from downtown, but it's not quite near the incinerator [[I-94 and I-75) either.
    I live in Islandview Village, a community I love. No one exactly knows why so Detroiters suffer asthma.

I know what Zacha means about familiarity. I am a life long eastsider. I know my way around, where to go and not go. I like the westside and frankly folks there have more fashion sense. I like southwest Detroit the best. My husband was westside, Junction near livernois, what used to be heavily Polish. Met in the middle at WSU. But I am shirty and we stayed eastside to be close to my family.