Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Hey Ray, any idea why the City had some many different nameplate vehicles [[Ford, Buick, Plymouth, etc) on the streets in the late 1960's?

Name:  DPD Car-vert.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  198.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Hey Ray, any idea why the City had some many different nameplate vehicles [[Ford, Buick, Plymouth, etc) on the streets in the late 1960's?]

Lowest bidder usually among Ford, Plymouth, and Chevy on a few occasions. The larger cars that were for the four-man cruisers were also lowest bid, but required heavier capacity. Like most things, follow the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Hey Ray, any idea why the City had some many different nameplate vehicles [[Ford, Buick, Plymouth, etc) on the streets in the late 1960's?

Name:  DPD Car-vert.jpg
Views: 738
Size:  198.1 KB

I must of missed something coming up. I never saw a Buick LeSabre police car !! Great story Ray, you've seem to have had a great life, and seen a lot. May it continue gracefully....
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; July-08-19 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I must of missed something coming up. I never saw a Buick LeSabre police car !! Great story Ray, you've seem to have had a great life, and seen a lot. May it continue gracefully....
    I grew up in Detroit and lived in the Livernois/Davison area at the time Ray1936 was assigned to the 10th precinct. It's very likely we crossed paths at least once. I remember those Buicks all too well. The Big Four used them. They were well known in the community for reasons I won't go into here. It's been a long time and I left Detroit years ago. I've also tried to leave behind memories of some of the things that happened to me inside the walls of the 10th precinct.