Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I'm pretty sure the silent majority [[myself included) feel rather indifferently about the pot shops.

They're paying taxes and creating jobs. And it's not like these folks whose operations are shut down won't still find other ways to do business. So why not let them do it in the way that's "legal."

If they really want to wage a battle against the spacing of certain businesses and you held a gun to my head forcing me to choose, I'd rather they go after the strip clubs.
    "Taxes"?!? What taxes? I am pro legalization but the system of "legel marijuana" that currently exists in this state is completely unregulated and off the books. Any taxes being paid are purely voluntary which never works out so great for the rest of the taxpayers. Colorado has a system that pays taxes, Michigan, no. Sometimes the solutions are not that hard at all. Just look around at who's doing it the best and copy them.

Quote Originally Posted by ABetterDetroit View Post
    "Taxes"?!? What taxes? I am pro legalization but the system of "legel marijuana" that currently exists in this state is completely unregulated and off the books. Any taxes being paid are purely voluntary which never works out so great for the rest of the taxpayers. Colorado has a system that pays taxes, Michigan, no. Sometimes the solutions are not that hard at all. Just look around at who's doing it the best and copy them.
    Although they don't pay Michigan taxes, they should be paying federal taxes.

Marijuana would have to be legal at the federal level for the feds to level taxes I suppose. Though stranger things have happened. In the meantime employers screen for marijuana so I'd be circumspect about using it if actively seeking employment.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Although they don't pay Michigan taxes, they should be paying federal taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Marijuana would have to be legal at the federal level for the feds to level taxes I suppose. Though stranger things have happened. In the meantime employers screen for marijuana so I'd be circumspect about using it if actively seeking employment.
    My understanding is that while the dispensaries aren't federally approved, they also aren't eligible for exemption from the IRS tax code.