Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I did, Pam, I watched it all the way through. Good Afternoon Everybody. But I found it a bit disappointing. A lot of rallying cries, a lot of angry promises, but little action. Everything the protesters are calling for, is already a done deal. Not one of the better Bernie speeches, IMO.
    What do you mean "already a done deal"? I think these type of rallys are significant because they are focusing on the issues and talking about people running for local offices etc. This is the real "resistance" not just focusing on Trump's latest dumb tweet or whatever Russia supposedly did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    What do you mean "already a done deal"?
    The tax reform has already been passed. RESULTS: Top of the food chain has gone from paying 35% to 20%. "Not One Penney"?, No, 15%. Whether or not this is going to benefit middle or lower class Americans, opinions vary. Bernie had the highest ratings of any candidate during the 2016 election. RESULT: Dems, especially Mrs. Clinton, threw him under the bus. She lost. Healthcare, ACA overturned, RESULTS: I'm not sure, I don't think anyone really knows. I like rallies. The feeling of unity, a sense of purpose, a common cause. But it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, or getting us anywhere. It's kinda like the Tigers or the Lions, "there's always next year", but "next year" never seems to come.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; December-05-17 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    The tax reform has already been passed. RESULTS: Top of the food chain has gone from paying 35% to 20%. "Not One Penney"?, No, 15%. Whether or not this is going to benefit middle or lower class Americans, opinions vary. Bernie had the highest ratings of any candidate during the 2016 election. RESULT: Dems, especially Mrs. Clinton, threw him under the bus. She lost. Healthcare, ACA overturned, RESULTS: I'm not sure, I don't think anyone really knows. I like rallies. The feeling of unity, a sense of purpose, a common cause. But it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, or getting us anywhere. It's kinda like the Tigers or the Lions, "there's always next year", but "next year" never seems to come.
    Tax bill isn't final yet. Quote from a Bernie email:

This legislation now goes to something called a "conference committee" where the House and Senate work out the differences between their respective bills. Then, the bill comes back for final passage. That means we probably have about three or four weeks to educate and organize the American people to defeat this dangerous bill

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Tax bill isn't final yet. Quote from a Bernie email:
    I'm hoping for the best, Pam, but I'll be very surprised if the outcome is any different, or maybe even worse, than what's there now.