Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I didn't see any sort of racial implication.

Financial aid is extremely unlikely. The vast majority of students at Cranbrook do not receive financial aid, which is largely reserved for low income households. I seriously doubt Kim Worthy would qualify as a low income household.

I don't care where someone sends their kids to school. It's a non-issue. The hypocrisy comes in when there's this constant talk of city limits = good, suburb = bad, but then when it comes to the big decisions in life [[stuff like where to educate your kids), people run to the burbs. Actions speak louder than words.

Educational opportunities in the city proper basically suck, and no one can blame Worthy for putting her kids in a better situation. Good for her if she can foot the bill. I know I can't.
    Financial aid is very likely. 1/3 of Cranbrook [[and similar) students receive financial aid. It is not reserved for low income students, who would be eligible for a very limited number of full scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    Financial aid is very likely. 1/3 of Cranbrook [[and similar) students receive financial aid. It is not reserved for low income students, who would be eligible for a very limited number of full scholarships.
    I don't see why financial aid is "very likely" or why this is even relevant. Based on what?

Their website claims 30% of total student body receives some sort of assistance, BTW. And they claim it's strictly based on "need". What evidence do you have that Worthy is a low income household?

I don't even get why people care where she sends her kids. Probably most kids in Cranbrook aren't from the immediate area. If you live around there, the local publics offer equal outcomes, so there's little academic need.
    Last edited by Bham1982; February-26-15 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    I don't see why financial aid is "very likely" or why this is even relevant. Based on what?

Their website claims 30% of total student body receives some sort of assistance, BTW. And they claim it's strictly based on "need". What evidence do you have that Worthy is a low income household?

I don't even get why people care where she sends her kids. Probably most kids in Cranbrook aren't from the immediate area. If you live around there, the local publics offer equal outcomes, so there's little academic need.
    Again, your private school commentary isn't accurate.

1. Birmingham-Bloomfield public schools don't offer "equal outcomes" to schools such as Cranbrook. I'm not sure why you keep insisting on that point, among others on this topic.

2. You've previously said that most Cranbrook students come from the immediate area, so which one is it [[in your opinion)?

3. 30 to 33% [[depending on the year) of Cranbrook students receive financial aid, which is 1/3, BTW.

4. Need-based and low income are two entirely different things. There are families making $100k+ that receive financial aid. $30-40k is a big portion of $100k, especially with mulitple kids and other bills.

Sounds like someone has it in for Worthy. Is she currently investigating/prosecuting someone in the Detroit city government?