Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: Microsoft Bites

Hybrid View

Today I was surfing around Ebay in my chair with a keyboard in my lap.
    I leaned forward to reach for something and then leaned back.

Looked at my screen again, and it was upside down !! I thought it was some kind of hi-jack and googled it on my cellphone. Turns out I pressed
    Ctrl - Alt - arrow down with my stomach !

Same with arrow up put it back to normal. Thanks Win 10 for the minor heart attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Today I was surfing around Ebay in my chair with a keyboard in my lap.
    I leaned forward to reach for something and then leaned back.

Looked at my screen again, and it was upside down !! I thought it was some kind of hi-jack and googled it on my cellphone. Turns out I pressed
    Ctrl - Alt - arrow down with my stomach !

Same with arrow up put it back to normal. Thanks Win 10 for the minor heart attack.
    How is it Microsoft's fault that you pushed a legitimate, designed key combo with your stomach?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    ...Turns out I pressed Ctrl - Alt - arrow
    I didn't know you could do that! It works for me too [[after a momentary blank screen)! But why would anyone want to do that?! The left & right arrows work too.

I once designed an email-triggered hack that turned each character upside down but it left it in place on the display. I did it to prank the system manager - the guy in charge of the BIG computer. It worked! He was baffled.

I had a reputation for pranking people. Whenever the power failed I'd yell out "It worked! I can't believe that worked!"
    Last edited by Jimaz; August-15-19 at 06:34 PM.

Probably if you're using Win 10 in tablet mode on a touch laptop so you can flip the laptop tablet/screen around how you want it.

How is it Microsoft's fault that you pushed a legitimate, designed key combo with your stomach?

Because it was easier to do that with my stomach than this with my stomach [[per Microsoft) -

Change screen orientation

• Select Start Windows logo Start button > Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > System > Display, and choose a screen orientation from the drop-down list labelled Orientation.