Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    It is.

But probably NOT the one the Governor would want to write about in her autobiography.
    I would read her book. Unfortunately, I'll bet that, like her, it'll have no spine.
    Last edited by Detroitnerd; June-09-10 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I would read her book. Unfortunately, I'll be that, like her, it'll have no spine.
    So I guess you weren't really interested in a serious answer to your question? I tried to give you one. If you were only interested in more Granholm bashing you could have put that in the other thread.

To all the haters- do you really think Dick DeVos could have done better? Seriously? I had zero confidence in that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    So I guess you weren't really interested in a serious answer to your question? I tried to give you one. If you were only interested in more Granholm bashing you could have put that in the other thread.

To all the haters- do you really think Dick DeVos could have done better? Seriously? I had zero confidence in that guy.
    I seldom miss the opportunity for a good joke. Sorry you seem to lack a sense of humor. You have to admit, she hasn't had a great deal of backbone.

I consider myself an independent in good standing, and would applaud a governor who wanted to lead the state on a leftward track. I don't much care for Cox or DeVos. But Granholm's lack of intensity, and her willingness to do the bidding of the McNamara machine, count against her.

But assuming that anybody who has a problem with Granholm is some sort of card-carrying Republican is a damn shame. No wonder the Democratic party is in such doldrums. Not only does the MDP apparently lack the ability to critique itself, it refuses to accept legitimate criticisms of its leadership, preferring instead to attribute it to ax-grinding. So be it.

I would read her book. Unfortunately, I'll be that, like her, it'll have no spine.
    .... and it will have been ghost-written for her by the UAW, proof-read by the MEA, and "voluntarily" purchased by the
    40,000 members of the Child Care Providers Working Together union to read to their young charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeg View Post
    .... and it will have been ghost-written for her by the UAW, proof-read by the MEA....

Actually, Mikeg, she hasn't done a thing for labor, & most unions don't like her, the MEA especially. As I posted on the other thread, she's done many things to alienate labor unions in all sectors.

Now, back to the original question: what positive things has she accomplished for this state? I can't identify many from either the other thread or this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I would read her book. Unfortunately, I'll bet that, like her, it'll have no spine.
    Ugh!