Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    I know many people that have a CCW permit and carry. Many of them live in places like Troy, Novi, GP, etc.

Is there choice to carry saying the same thing about their respective cities? Funny how you will draw a conclusion if a Detroiter carries legally but I am sure you don't draw the same conclusion for people in other communities that choose to carry. I'm just curious why you don't make that assumption for everyone that carries.
    Again jt...why am I not surprised that you choose to respond specifically to my post....you are as predictible as I said before.

Since Detroit already has a terrible reputation with murders, drive bys, robberies, stomping the elderly, and other crimes, when a politician comes out and declares they are packing when doing business in the council chambers or throughout the City of Detroit because they are afraid....when so called reverends are proud to say they will get CCW permits soon and will wear them under their robes in God's House, that sends a definite message to others outside the City. Yes, many many people have applied for or have CCW's in other counties, but I haven't heard any council members or men of God from Macomb, Oakland, or any other counties stating that fact out loud.

Could it be that no one asked them?

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Again jt...why am I not surprised that you choose to respond specifically to my post....you are as predictible as I said before.

Since Detroit already has a terrible reputation with murders, drive bys, robberies, stomping the elderly, and other crimes, when a politician comes out and declares they are packing when doing business in the council chambers or throughout the City of Detroit because they are afraid....when so called reverends are proud to say they will get CCW permits soon and will wear them under their robes in God's House, that sends a definite message to others outside the City. Yes, many many people have applied for or have CCW's in other counties, but I haven't heard any council members or men of God from Macomb, Oakland, or any other counties stating that fact out loud.

I was a victim of a violant crime when I was about twenty. I debated with myself for maybe ten years about whether to carry a gun. My decision was no gun.

I grew up in a family that hunted and am no stranger to weapons. In fact I am a damn fine marksman.

I worried that I would use a concealed weapon given the chance. My purse isn't worth a person's life and my soul. Even if that person is pure scum.

My sons have taken gun safety training and both own guns. Now that I think of it their guns are registered to us. Since they are now grown I must remember to ask them to transfer registration.

It is sad to hear that our elected officials want to carry concealed weapons. I support the right to bear arms but without extensive training in the appropriate use, its like giving candy to babies

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I was a victim of a violant crime when I was about twenty. I debated with myself for maybe ten years about whether to carry a gun. My decision was no gun.

I grew up in a family that hunted and am no stranger to weapons. In fact I am a damn fine marksman.

I worried that I would use a concealed weapon given the chance. My purse isn't worth a person's life and my soul. Even if that person is pure scum.

My sons have taken gun safety training and both own guns. Now that I think of it their guns are registered to us. Since they are now grown I must remember to ask them to transfer registration.

It is sad to hear that our elected officials want to carry concealed weapons. I support the right to bear arms but without extensive training in the appropriate use, its like giving candy to babies
    Unless you are talking about handguns [[or live outside of Michigan) your firearms are not registered to anyone. There is only a record of the original buyer or if a sales transaction is handled by a licensed dealer. In you do live in Michigan, and you are talking about handguns, make sure to follow the correct procedures to transfer ownership [[Purchase permit or CPL with sales record).
    Last edited by Johnnny5; November-10-09 at 09:37 PM.

I suspect that many of these so called reverends are packing to protect themselves from irate husbands.