Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Yes... it has gotten worse in the last 10 years. Here in St. Clair Shores we seem to get them at least every other year. Many residents here have purchased generators to bypass outages. My sister/niece who live 1/2 mile from each other in Fraser, have shared purchasing one, in case one or the other's neighborhood loses power. Last week it was my sisters neighborhood that lost power.

One of the strange thing about having many homeowners owning generators here in SCS... is that during major storms, what sounds like distant lawn mowers is heard during the outages, by homeowner generators all over the neighborhoods.
    Thats a generator theft trick here,steal a lawn mower,keep it running while swapping it out with the generator while people are sleeping.

Make sure to remind her not to have it running in the garage or enclosed space,sounds silly but there always seems to be carbon monoxide poisoning deaths related to generators and power outages.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Thats a generator theft trick here,steal a lawn mower,keep it running while swapping it out with the generator while people are sleeping.

Make sure to remind her not to have it running in the garage or enclosed space,sounds silly but there always seems to be carbon monoxide poisoning deaths related to generators and power outages.
    Those type deaths are almost always from the use of portable generators. I believe we're talking the larger Generac type outdoor units here.

I really doubt that because how would you move a full size generator from one town to the next every time it was your turn?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpeteer View Post
    Those type deaths are almost always from the use of portable generators. I believe we're talking the larger Generac type outdoor units here.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I really doubt that because how would you move a full size generator from one town to the next every time it was your turn?
    You apparently didn't understand my comment. Richard mentioned carbon monoxide deaths and I replied that those are from PORTABLE generators. I then said that I believe we're talking about full size Generac systems here!