Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dexlin View Post
    Only thing I can find is if the land is the big parcel directly across the street from Jefferson North is that it's own by the Moroun's Crown Enterprises. Their company still has it listed as a property on their website. Perhaps they found a tenant. I imagine it has something to do with the expansion of Jefferson North; probably a warehouse/logisitics/distribution facility or something. BTW, this propert actually fronts Freud.
    This development doesn't front Freud. It's between Jefferson and the warehouse on Freud. It might be on land that the city bought from Crown... not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    This development doesn't front Freud. It's between Jefferson and the warehouse on Freud. It might be on land that the city bought from Crown... not sure.
    I heard this land might have been part of Detroit bankruptcy deal with Moroun Family? Also it might be a supplier for FCA that is building the facility. Why is there so little news about this?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I should have been more clear, the lot fronts Freud; it stretches from Freud to Jefferson. Crown owns it through a shell company. It's address is 11851 Freud. Crown got some more land nearby in the swap, but this parcel has been Crown land for some years.

Name:  Screenshot_2020-12-30 PowerPoint Presentation - 20190509 May 9 FCA Council Presentation_0 pdf[[1).jpg
Views: 926
Size:  55.4 KB

Immediately south of this land on the other side of Freud, FCA is building a "vehicle logisitics" area, which is just a fancy name for a surface lot to temporarily store the autos before they are shipped out. Though, rail infrastructure will be built/improved so that cars can be shipped directly by rail. They are purchasing a combined 60 acres between Lycaste and Clairpoint from DTE, GLWA and Conrail for this.
    Last edited by Dexlin; December-30-20 at 06:42 PM.