Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by judymcfarlane View Post
    The invention of the electric car is not new. It's conception was killed by an industry so tied to oil that any thought or ideas or inventions which relied on alternative methods for transportation were firmly destroyed.
    Typical West Coast elitist propaganda.

Detroit isn't the problem, American consumers are.

I wish I belonged to the group, elitist, lilup. I left Michigan at age 20 and have returned just three times in 56 years because living in the west is easier unless you live in the inner cities and this is true of our entire nation. The inner cities have been totally neglected even in the "WEST". As a nation we squander our money, hell, even Paris could probably get more aid, if asked for, then places like Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago and even in places like the capital of Calif. By the way, I live on the Oregon coast and my county has the highest unemployment in Oregon and I live on social security after, at almost age 76, simply could not work any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Typical West Coast elitist propaganda.

Detroit isn't the problem, American consumers are.
    I don't know lilpup, it's hard for consumers to decide what they want and then expect them to show up on the market. I think if the economy was stronger we'd be seeing more sales of electric and hybrid cars. Then the price would go down and the technology would likely improve. I realize it's still a tough sell, but it is happening. Unfortunately we're still at the 4 pound $5000 cell phone stage.