Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Yes, it's only supposed to be about money. Unfortunately, most legislation involves money of some sort or another. It costs money to improve services. It cost money to add extra civil and criminal law enforcement. It costs money to tear down houses. It takes monetary incentives to get developments off the ground ........
    Lesson to mayors and city councils... exercise your financial power wisely, or you'll lose your power to the state.

Lesson to voters... exercise your vote wisely and do not elect people on the basis of their ability to deliver goodies to you, or you'll lose your power to the state.

Lesson to state... change the laws to limit the power of cities to put today's expenses on tomorrow's taxpayers, or you'll have to assume power in cities that you really don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Lesson to mayors and city councils... exercise your financial power wisely, or you'll lose your power to the state.

Lesson to voters... exercise your vote wisely and do not elect people on the basis of their ability to deliver goodies to you, or you'll lose your power to the state.

Lesson to state... change the laws to limit the power of cities to put today's expenses on tomorrow's taxpayers, or you'll have to assume power in cities that you really don't want.
    I really can't wait for the day your computer catches fire so we're spared the narcissistic and irrelevant lectures from your keyboard. Orr did this as a "screw you" as part of his final actions as full EM. There is no reason to get rid of CDCs; unless you feel they're a thorn in your "development" side. And, I'm sure it's a lot hard to re-establish something in the future, when it shouldn't have ben eliminated in the first place. CDCs are very important and there was NO reason to get rid of them -- period!

Quote Originally Posted by Baselinepunk View Post
    I really can't wait for the day your computer catches fire so we're spared the narcissistic and irrelevant lectures from your keyboard.
    Haha, I second the shit out of that.