Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    A school for Chaldeans only! I called it racist!
    You obviously did not read the article in it's entirety:

"Although the school will welcome all children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, it is expected that most will be Chaldean."

BTW....Chaldean is not a race.
    Last edited by FormerEastsider; August-07-15 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerEastsider View Post

"Although the school will welcome all children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade, it is expected that most will be Chaldean."

Public funding shouldn't be going to segregation. This will be, in practice, a Chaldean-only school, with taxpayer dollars subsidizing segregation.

If a private entity wants to do so, great, but scarce public dollars shouldn't be utilized in this manner, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Public funding shouldn't be going to segregation. This will be, in practice, a Chaldean-only school, with taxpayer dollars subsidizing segregation.

If a private entity wants to do so, great, but scarce public dollars shouldn't be utilized in this manner, IMO.

I agree with you. The Chaldean only school in Madison Heights is all of their cultural centered paid for with my tax dollars. They will have to welcome people with all races. That school will be intergrated soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post

"Scheduled to open Sept. 8, the Keys Grace Academy Charter School, in Madison Heights, is aimed at preserving the Iraqi-Christian heritage through education."

I'd add that public funds should not be used for religious purposes, but as long as its Christian the conservatives won't mind. Now lets say it was a school aimed at preserving Saudi Arabian-Muslim heritage, just imagine the great hue and cry.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerEastsider View Post

I didn't wrote that Chaldean is a race. I know Chaldeans is not a race of people, they are nationality. They are mixture of Indo-European people that mixed in with Semitic People once their lands been conquered by Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Persians, Macedonians with few Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and various Islamic Arabs tribes. That school should not use peoples' tax dollars for their benefit. Now that charter school have to bring in people of all color. Noe just Chaldeans just to learn Chaldean history, languages and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I didn't wrote that Chaldean is a race. I know Chaldeans is not a race of people, they are nationality. They are mixture of Indo-European people that mixed in with Semitic People once their lands been conquered by Hittites, Babylonians, Assyrians, Persians, Macedonians with few Greeks, Romans, Byzantines and various Islamic Arabs tribes. That school should not use peoples' tax dollars for their benefit. Now that charter school have to bring in people of all color. Noe just Chaldeans just to learn Chaldean history, languages and culture.
    Then why did you write this: " A school for Chaldeans only! I called it racist!"

^^^ Perhaps he should have called it Nationalist?