Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

When I lived in Germany, the direct Detroit-Munich route that came about from Delta was a godsend. It turned a 2/3 flight 14 hour trip into 8.5 hours direct. As a regular traveler to Germany, I look forward to having another option!

Just like the great Luthansa Heist in the 1970s. Courtesy of Henry Hill and the Goodfellas.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitSoldier View Post
    When I lived in Germany, the direct Detroit-Munich route that came about from Delta was a godsend. It turned a 2/3 flight 14 hour trip into 8.5 hours direct. As a regular traveler to Germany, I look forward to having another option!
    The other nice thing about this flight is that it is timed well for onward Lufthansa connections to the Middle East and India. Given the limited number of good options to reach those areas conveniently from DTW, that aspect alone will make this route appealing to some here in Metro Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The other nice thing about this flight is that it is timed well for onward Lufthansa connections to the Middle East and India. Given the limited number of good options to reach those areas conveniently from DTW, that aspect alone will make this route appealing to some here in Metro Detroit.
    100%. Frankfurt captures most of the USA connections in Germany, but Munich has a huge network to the Middle east, asia, and North Africa as well.