Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
Let's not pretend like the infrastructure and developments that led those businesses leaving for the suburbs in the first place weren't also a form subsides. It's nothing more than labels. I don't want to mix words over this, I'm just saying that crying foul over subsidies in general is nonsense when the 'burbs seem to be using them just as freely. Furthermore, it's a bold-faced misstatement to suggest that suburban cities haven't used tax incentives to lure Detroit businesses out of the city either. I seem to remember the mayor of Warren attempting to lure General Motors out of the city using tax incentives less than 2 years ago: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...ith-tax-breaks
The difference is that the STATE gave tax breaks to companies to move out of suburbs... Suburbs that are also in the STATE. How pissed would you be if the federal government decided that they really liked Texas and were going to encourage companies to move out of Detroit and the rest of Michigan and relocate to Texas with your tax dollars.