Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    I was 15 when I went to their clinic with my boyfriend, [[without parental consent) got birth control pills and funny thing, we decided to wait. Their lecture and program made clear consequenses. But do gooders made it impossible for for them to do their job effectively so pretty much my attitude, is pay society, for shutting down programs that supported responsible sex.
    Thanks for sharing this story. I'm hoping my daughter will do the same, have BC available if she wants it, but wait.

The right-wingers need to concentrate their efforts on savings the lives of the people who are getting killed in all these needless wars, perhaps around 200,000 in Iraq alone as a result of what our country did. To me, killing lots of humans of all ages via war is worse than abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by 48307 View Post
    Thanks for sharing this story. I'm hoping my daughter will do the same, have BC available if she wants it, but wait.

The right-wingers need to concentrate their efforts on savings the lives of the people who are getting killed in all these needless wars, perhaps around 200,000 in Iraq alone as a result of what our country did. To me, killing lots of humans of all ages via war is worse than abortion.
    There's at least one Japanese citizen who right at this moment might disagree with your needless war theory. I commend your interest in defending the innocent, but thousands are being slaughtered each year by their own. Blaming the right-wing here is a bit of a stretch. Would the thousands killed recently by Boko Haram be OK with you, simply because they are Islamist murderers?

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    There's at least one Japanese citizen who right at this moment might disagree with your needless war theory. I commend your interest in defending the innocent, but thousands are being slaughtered each year by their own. Blaming the right-wing here is a bit of a stretch. Would the thousands killed recently by Boko Haram be OK with you, simply because they are Islamist murderers?
    If you look at Iraq, we took a stable, terrorism-free country, and destabilized it, resulting in the deaths of countless scores of men, women, and children. We also now have the added bonus of creating a terrorist incubator within Iraq, and now parts of the country are even run by ISIL terrorists.

All of this was done at the cost of trillions of dollars and thousands of US soldier lives.

War kills far more than abortion. Personally, I'm anti-abortion. If I were magically the dictator of the United States, I'm not sure if I would outlaw abortion, or try to draw the line somewhere [[perhaps at the point of viability). But back in the real world, I vote for candidates that are more likely to find diplomatic solutions to problems, and avoid war, because that will save more lives.

I'm sick of all the republicans beating the war drum over situations like Iran and Russia, while exploiting religious issues like abortion.

Limited military action against Boko Haram and ISIL make sense to me. What I detest are the people that beat the Iran and Ukraine\Russia war drum while also being against abortion.

Want to save lives? Vote for people that prefer diplomatic solutions and don't think that the US is exceptional and entitled to be the world police and moral judges.

If you look at Iraq, we took a stable, terrorism-free country, and destabilized it, resulting in the deaths of countless scores of men, women, and children. We also now have the added bonus of creating a terrorist incubator within Iraq, and now parts of the country are even run by ISIL terrorists....
    Kurds might disagree, as they think about their dead relatives, as might the prisons where political dissidents were tortured for years. At least our torture, while a terrible thing, was a mistake that we managed to correct.

Want to save lives? Vote for people that prefer diplomatic solutions and don't think that the US is exceptional and entitled to be the world police and moral judges.
    We are not entitled to be the world police, but the burden has fallen to us. We shall see how President Obama's foreign policy plays itself out. Syria doesn't seem to have been a success. Iran will be much more interesting. The President fighting against sanctions, while the Iranians keep moving the goal posts will probably leave us with a nuclear Iran in a couple years. Perhaps a nuke on Tel Aviv may change your mind about isolationism and self-absorption. Only time will tell on that too. I prefer the world where the US engages and does its imperfect efforts.

I agree that the US has badly bungled the mid-east. But I'm not sure its any worse than it would have been if we had stayed at home. Thousands of people get killed each month by Islamic Terrorists anyway. Torture happens anyway. Suicide bombings happen anyway. Our presence may have made a difference, but we will never know what would have happened if we'd made the selfish choice and just stayed home. Maybe destroying a 'stable' secular country might have been a good move. Things are never simple.

I'll watch your video now, 48307.

Being of the Vietnam era, always brings to my mind, civic strikes and marches. I was active in the peace movement.

But we digress from poverty and solutions. The obvious solution is training kids for decent work/decent pay, responsible behavior on the job, at home and in the community. Unfortunately in rural, suburban and urban communities, parents so stressed, can't provide the over sight needed. I firmly believe that the welfare program needs a huge over haul. Not deleteing benefits but making them more available. People need help not overwhelming obstacles.

People need help not overwhelming obstacles.

???????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    ???????????????
    ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Wesson View Post
    People need help not overwhelming obstacles.
    ???????????????
    Fixed it!

People need help, not overwhelming obstacles.