Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by sumas View Post
    Shirty, I just love that made up word. Too fun, swearing without swearing. We dedicated 7 yrs of our lives to care for my mother who passed at age 91. But I am an evil bitch apparently. She lived in EEV. So I do have current knowledge of the community. I have written and published a hard covered book of history regarding the east side but I am told I make no sense. We do tours and lectures, always sold out, but this board has decreed I am an idiot. I got a creepy letter sent to my home where my crabby posts got culled and published on ........ so I am cyber stalked and they made sure I knew it. Now I am called bipolar. Wow!

EEV is a great place to live but don't believe me.

Dont worry Sumas!

Your posts make sense to me. Your humanity but also your reason shows through. I can easily imagine how much of your daily worries and joys can jar some and how it can be a balancing act for you to judge the tough love aspects of Detroit. Keep on informing us and inspiring us. Honky Tonk is a great contributor, he also feels for the city and its plight; and he is more questioning than I am from afar I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Dont worry Sumas!

Your posts make sense to me. Your humanity but also your reason shows through. I can easily imagine how much of your daily worries and joys can jar some and how it can be a balancing act for you to judge the tough love aspects of Detroit. Keep on informing us and inspiring us. Honky Tonk is a great contributor, he also feels for the city and its plight; and he is more questioning than I am from afar I guess...
    I am truly sorry if I expended too much personal info on this forum. As stated, 3 home hospice situations threw me for a loop. I do not feel particularly troubled or put upon, just really enjoyed this outlet and forum. If I am an annoyance I can quietly go away.

Sumas, I enjoy your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by carolcb View Post
    Sumas, I enjoy your posts.
    Thank you I enjoy this forum. Maybe I will just start a thread on connections take pot shots at Sumas. Maybe then people will stay focused on threads.

I grew up in EEV, originally DEAR and saw how it evolved. I saw what went right and what went wrong. It is just plain and simple a nice community. Detroit is not for everyone as I have said many times. Where ever we have lived we find goodness and kindness. We stay involved. I am Detroit for better or worse. Guess I am being shirty again.

Sumas, I also enjoy reading your posts,, please dont quietly go away,,,
    What I have noticed as a long time poster on this as well as a long time resident of the city of Detroit [[ 1992), is the decline of the type of dialogue and the vocabulary used by many on here anymore,, It seems many on here like to talk to each other on here with little or no respect and profanity abounding.. I mean, really,, as I mentioned before , do you really talk in person like that to people in ones life.. Just not used to it in my own life.. we talk and treat others with respect, even if we dont agree.. Conversations on here were much more civil years before,, but anymore, not so..oh well guess thats the direction many are taking anymore,, anyway, just stay who you are,, your fine.