Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Here's my problem with the Grosse Pointes:

1. It's far away from all of the good shopping and restaurants.
    This is the real deal breaker for me and ultimately locating in Oakland county. Closest big box shopping for GP is Meijer on Little Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    This is the real deal breaker for me and ultimately locating in Oakland county. Closest big box shopping for GP is Meijer on Little Mack.
    No... that would be Costco at I-94/I-696/Gratiot at 11 Mile. Meijer's is at 13 1/2 Mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    No... that would be Costco at I-94/I-696/Gratiot at 11 Mile. Meijer's is at 13 1/2 Mile.
    I guess I'm referring to a 'bigbox' as a store where groceries, auto, sporting goods, clothing, etc is all under 1 roof.

Costco requires a membership. I stick with my comment. And the 12 mile and Gratiot Wal-Mart isn't even worth suggesting. That place is atrocious.
    Last edited by hybridy; February-11-20 at 02:27 PM.

Costco requires a membership. I stick with my comment. And the 12 mile and Gratiot Wal-Mart isn't even worth suggesting. That place is atrocious.
    There is no Walmart that is not atrocious, unless you're stocking up on basic unperishable necessities and have storage space to spare.
    I was considering Salmon from a Sam's Club in Florida until I saw a worm squiggling under the plastic wrap.
    You should try the much better shops in or very near Grosse Pointe.

Would you rather your tomatoes or corn come from a big box store or from Greenhouse Gardens, Village Market, or Nino Salvaggio's?
    Your answer will indicate whether you've been to a local alternative.
    Last edited by bust; February-11-20 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Would you rather your tomatoes or corn come from a big box store or from Greenhouse Gardens, Village Market, or Nino Salvaggio's?
    Your answer will indicate whether you've been to a local alternative.
    Obviously my produce needs are best met at Ninos. Those of us with 3 kids and middle of the road incomes simply aren’t doing all of our shopping there.

Which is incredibly easy to get to. 10-15 minutes max on I-94. One [[well two) stop lights after the freeway.