Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

I think it should become legal to shoot a scrapper in the act of scrapping.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyinBrooklyn View Post
    I think it should become legal to shoot a scrapper in the act of scrapping.
    Agreed. I also think it should be legal to shoot anyone in MDOT that thoughts making the poles and access points so easily accessible.

I can see them sitting around a table saying, "How, in all places, can we make the access to wires and poles more accessible in Detroit." Scrappers are scumbags and MDOT are idiots. Makes for a wonderful situation.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Agreed. I also think it should be legal to shoot anyone in MDOT that thoughts making the poles and access points so easily accessible.

I can see them sitting around a table saying, "How, in all places, can we make the access to wires and poles more accessible in Detroit." Scrappers are scumbags and MDOT are idiots. Makes for a wonderful situation.

I thought the same thing when I read the article. But then, they probably don't have issues like this in Lansing.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post

Jt1... what is so unfathomable is that once you hit the Macomb County line at 8 Mile... you will notice that they also replaced the lights and the poles they were attached to... but kept them in the median barrier. Last time I checked the I-94 median, although wider than in Detroit... is still not wide enough for an MDOT truck for median maintenance... and [[you guessed it)... those trucks have to have those flashing big arrows pointing motorists into the next lane.

Also... since we're on an MDOT rant... ever notice that those big LED signs... they're not manned... they're preprogrammed with insipid messages such as "Click it or Ticket"... rather than actually useful traffic snarl-up info...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Also... since we're on an MDOT rant... ever notice that those big LED signs... they're not manned... they're preprogrammed with insipid messages such as "Click it or Ticket"... rather than actually useful traffic snarl-up info...
    I have to disagree there... I've noticed that quite often they inform about a delay, lane closure or accident... usually its after I'm already in the snarl or long after it's cleared. But, just saying I've seen them say things other than PSA tweets.

Jt1... what is so unfathomable is that once you hit the Macomb County line at 8 Mile... you will notice that they also replaced the lights and the poles they were attached to... but kept them in the median barrier. Last time I checked the I-94 median, although wider than in Detroit... is still not wide enough for an MDOT truck for median maintenance... and [[you guessed it)... those trucks have to have those flashing big arrows pointing motorists into the next lane.

Not always. I've avoided traffic jams by heeding the info on the sign. When there's nothing to report, they tell you the weather, or "your fly's unbuttoned" or something. Still useful info.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-24-14 at 03:11 PM.

Yep, and that was done not long before the work on 94 in Detroit. Once again, MDOT just makes no sense with their decisions. Perhaps I should start a 'Idiotic things done by MDOT thread.' On the other hand, I don't want to blow up Lowell's servers.

They are centrally controlled. The silly messages server to purposes:

1) Public Service Announcement
    2) Let's M-DOT and the public know that the sign is functioning properly