Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    I chose this spot for a couple of reasons.

1) This affects Windsor directly, and is therefore local to Detroit.

2) A change of this type in a region which borders Michigan may allow for or precipitate change [[one of the standard arguments against raising standards being, 'but we have to compete w/those folks right across the state/national boundary')
    Well nothing against the topic, but I have seen some other regional topics moved.

As for competing across borders, only those with means [[cars / education ) can participate in that. I don't think Windsor is going to steal any minimum wage workers from the Det. metro region because of a raise of their minimum wage.

Quote Originally Posted by GMan View Post
    Well nothing against the topic, but I have seen some other regional topics moved.

As for competing across borders, only those with means [[cars / education ) can participate in that. I don't think Windsor is going to steal any minimum wage workers from the Det. metro region because of a raise of their minimum wage.
    Besides, post-9/11 border security would make that highly unlikely.