Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    First off, the Lodge goes nowhere near Ferndale. .
    The Lodge is less than 5 minutes from Ferndale. Less than two miles away; just take 8 Mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    The Lodge is less than 5 minutes from Ferndale. Less than two miles away; just take 8 Mile.
    If you live at Woodward Heights, to get to the Lodge you have to drive down to Woodward, take Woodward over to the Lodge, drive quite some time, get to the left, and, at any busy time of day, spend about 10 minutes in the left merging your way onto Lodge southbound. Is that "convenient"? Hey, if you think it is, fine, Ferndale is the Azores of the Woodward axis.

But all this "strategic" claptrap seems a silly way to call a spade a spade: Ferndale is close to Detroit. And that's my point, really. Ferndale has plenty of residents who are especially engaged with the city but, for various reasons, wanted to live outside it. Trust me on this, they're not in Ferndale to be closer to Somerset. They're on the cusp of the city because they want that proximity to Detroit.

As to the matter of finding value in isolation from things, that relates to a point I was trying to make earlier: I think younger people don't want to be isolated from things. I think older people didn't mind being in their bubble. So I don't think we disagree there.

That said, the way you word things like "proximity to undesirables" is one of the most disgusting things I think I've read on this board. I've been stranded in tough neighborhoods before and found ... nice people ... who helped me ... without question. There are good people and bad people everywhere. When you talk about "undesirables," I know exactly which kind you are. I'm actually very glad you would never live in my neighborhood.

Having been raised in the two Bs, I, too, prefer the GPs

Quote Originally Posted by Bham1982 View Post
    Most Ferndalers take I-75 when they drive downtown Detroit. One can also go straight down Woodward. As for the Lodge, the easiest way to access it from Ferndale is to take Livernois south, drive through Detroit [[nice neighborhoods) for a couple of miles and then onto the Lodge just south of the University of Detroit.