Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Thread: You buy, we fry

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I used to go to the one by the Eastern Market all the time when I worked over there. If you don't mind fried everything it was great. I mean, fresh fish rolled in corn meal and fried up before your eyes and served to you still too hot to eat with a big bottle of Frank's on the counter to spice it up, what could be better?

You lost me at "fried everything" -
    I'll never understand this country's fasincation with deep fried foods!

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    You wouldn't last long iin Mississippi!

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    You wouldn't last long iin Mississippi!

People in Mississippi don't last long in Mississippi.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17170134...heart-disease/

they are tasty and crispy. flavor and texture, a winner every time

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    they are tasty and crispy. flavor and texture, a winner every time
    Yes obesity is a winner every time.
    Food is for fuel, not for entertainment

Who told you that?

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    Who told you that?
    Common sense does. Humans are the the only animals in nature that eat for reasons other than hunger.

But by all means, everyone should feel free to clog their arteries, and continue to gain weight. After all, it's not like there is an obesity problem in the country or anything.

Common sense does. Humans are the the only animals in nature that eat for reasons other than hunger.

But by all means, everyone should feel free to clog their arteries, and continue to gain weight. After all, it's not like there is an obesity problem in the country or anything.
    Humans are the only animals in nature that solve algebra problems. Should we stop doing that too?

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Humans are the only animals in nature that solve algebra problems. Should we stop doing that too?
    If it was determined to be detrimental to our health [[like eating deep fried food is), yes.

That is not quite true. Horses, dogs, cattle are all known to eat well past the point of satiating hunger, occasionally to the point of eating themselves to death

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    That is not quite true. Horses, dogs, cattle are all known to eat well past the point of satiating hunger, occasionally to the point of eating themselves to death
    Even if what you say is true, animals don't eat for entertainment, which was my point. Humans do. Animals may engorge themselves with food, even to the
    point of death, but they aren't doing it for the entertainment value.

All that aside, I have no problem with one that choose to eat these foods, Aside from the health issues that often result, helping to drive medical costs up for all, even us who aren't car centric, lead active lifestyles and exercise regularly.

Diet is a big problem [[I generally don't eat anything deep fried, by the way) but we need only look to Continental Europe. People there generally don't eat healthy [[the French, Germans, Poles - think about it) but are extremely active compared to Americans [[and they are far less obese).

Americans drive their cars to work, take the elevator to their desk, sit there all day, eat McDonalds, drive home, and sit in front of the tube. Yard work? Landscapers and a riding lawn mower. Weekends? More TV.

I say eat, drink, and be merry, but get off your obese toilet-busting ass if you're going to.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Diet is a big problem [[I generally don't eat anything deep fried, by the way) but we need only look to Continental Europe. People there generally don't eat healthy [[the French, Germans, Poles - think about it) but are extremely active compared to Americans [[and they are far less obese).

Americans drive their cars to work, take the elevator to their desk, sit there all day, eat McDonalds, drive home, and sit in front of the tube. Yard work? Landscapers and a riding lawn mower. Weekends? More TV.

I say eat, drink, and be merry, but get off your obese toilet-busting ass if you're going to.
    No argument from me on that. Europeans don't tend to eat any healthier than Americans, but with our sedentary lifestyles, IMO eating fried foods is the equivalent of eating poison.

Everyone who eats fried food is not obese.

What an incredibly dreary way to look at life. Glad I'm not you.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    What an incredibly dreary way to look at life. Glad I'm not you.
    I suppose then sex is for reproduction, not for entertainment. Poor Mrs. leapfrog.

There's one near my house at 8 and Dequindre. I've bought cod and shrimp there and found it to be fresh and fairly priced. My GF fried it for us at home though.