Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Condescending tone aside...
    Not so fast. The condescending tone is exactly why people like you and myself can never expect change and MUST leave. This region is full of people, who, while many are set to expire soon, have dug in their heels and will continue to elect those who will do their damndest to prevent this region from getting any of the trappings of civilization. There's no point in trying to compromise since they're just going to mock you, in all their wisdom. They're on both sides of 8 Mile, too.
    "We need to have a serious discussion how to leverege these federal funds to fix our redundant, broken transit system!"
    "Oh so you want a magic choo-choo, fairy boy? Why don't you take you and your liberal degree to communist China!"

Don't even bother. Just try to enjoy the time you're still stuck here [[baily sums up the positives and the reality of life here)and research other cities to live in. That's what I do.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Don't even bother. Just try to enjoy the time you're still stuck here [[baily sums up the positives and the reality of life here)and research other cities to live in. That's what I do.
    That's solid advice. I'm essentially doing the same thing.