Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

This is great news.

I hope it starts by merging DDOT and SMART and making it one giant system that doesn't have routes oddly end at political boundaries such as 8-Mile.

The next step is to get started on transit systems such as light rail and BRT that will move people from the suburbs to downtown. M1 Rail would be a great start, and let's not puss out after three miles, let's implement M1 Rail all the way to at least 15 Mile, if not all the way to Pontiac.

I don't like the full scope of Snyder's BRT plan, but I think it make make sense on routes such as Woodward\Gratiot\Michigan\Fort\Grand River. These routes connect Detroit with the suburbs and will help with building on the momentum downtown.

Also, I'd like to see M1 Rail elevated where possible, most likely from McNichols and north. This would make M1 Rail FASTER than car travel when trying to get from the suburbs to destinations in Detroit.
    Last edited by Scottathew; December-11-12 at 07:27 PM.