Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    Emu Steve, your comment would be just as apprropriate were it in response to Southen's. Has there ever in the history of Detroit been a property owner who has sat on so many properties and let them rot as Olympia? And architecturally important ones in key areas on top of that. Except when it comes to the Ilitches a terrible double standard applies. Like Southen, I wonder how many blight tickets they've received. I doubt many.
    In all due regard, I am sometimes asked to stay on topic [[don't mix a Gilbert and an Ilitch action).

The topic is property owned by someone, not Ilitches/Olympia for 16 years which has gone into disrepair due to a fire and nothing has been done by the owners or the city.

The list of vacant properties the Ilitches / Olympia own that lay rotting exceeds many dozen. They've owned many if not most of them for more than 16 years and have done little or nothing to protect them, let alone to bring them back online. Their strategy seems to be demolition by neglect. Or worse, simple demolition. How many dozen have they already leveled for surface parking? Many were historically and/or architecturally significant.

Loveland even has an area designated the "Ilitch Surface Parking District". Check out the property ownership there:

https://makeloveland.com/dfc/neighborhoods/975#b=none

Sorry, but it's incredibly hypocritical for the same person who incessantly praises the Ilitch family to be critical of the very same negligence they are guilty of, much worse.

PS: You quoted my post as I was in the middle of editing it, but I'll leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by bust View Post
    The list of vacant properties the Ilitches / Olympia own that lay rotting exceeds many dozen.
    Loveland even has an area designated the "Ilitch Surface Parking District".

AND,... Detroit requires parking lots to be fenced in with wrought iron. Well,.. at least if you're last name isn't Illich. If it is Illich,.. you can just toss a chain-link job around it and save a ton of money.

MUCH more expensive to acquire properties and turn them into parking lots and hold them for decades when you're not an Illich.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    In all due regard, I am sometimes asked to stay on topic [[don't mix a Gilbert and an Ilitch action).

The topic is property owned by someone, not Ilitches/Olympia for 16 years which has gone into disrepair due to a fire and nothing has been done by the owners or the city.
    HYPOCRITE. You've been caught red-handed.

My questions are very simple and you showed your double-standard EMU Steve.

If this house is not rehab-worthy, then the house in Brush Park that Nicole Curtis rehabbed was not rehab-worthy either.....oh wait, it's renovated. Anything can be done with money and time.

Olympia has, to my knowledge, owned dozens and dozens of properties and they sit vacant. No blight tickets. Why are you so eager to come down on this particular owner but not your precious Ilitch family? Please explain.