Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
Actually Avila said 2021 or 2 which is 2 to 3 years. Where would you like the Tigers to spend money? They could have gone out and spent 10 million for a one year contract to a veteran 2nd baseman or catcher but what would that do? They need to see at what position they will need to spend money once the rookies have played a year or two. Will Rogers be the everyday catcher? Will Paredes play 3rd or will Candelario be fine and Paredes will move to 1st or a corner outfield spot? Will Castro or Perez by the everyday shortstop? Will Cameron be the center fielder for sure? Will they need a left handed starter? Until you know your position needs there is no sense overpaying a veteran to play on a last place team when you don't even know where to put him. Just relax and enjoy watching how Stewart and Candelario this year and Cameron and a couple of the starters do next year. I also plan several short trips to watch the Seawolves and Mudhens.
I have no idea where they should spend their money, didn’t sound like the general manager did either. I thought I heard him talking about 2022 or 2023 - that’s a long wait. Doesn’t seem like the ownership has the same desire to win that they did when the senior Mr. I was alive.