Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    "We are upset but not because it is a mosque," said Debbie Rossi, a long-time city resident, who also lives across from the site. "This is being planned in a residential Catholic community.
    I guess it's good that I have no plans to move to Sterling [[W)Heights. It sounds like I don't meet their religious qualifications for residence.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    I guess it's good that I have no plans to move to Sterling [[W)Heights. It sounds like I don't meet their religious qualifications for residence.
    An outdated and ignorant post based on the current demographics of Sterling Heights.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishSpartan View Post
    An outdated and ignorant post based on the current demographics of Sterling Heights.
    Perhaps, and the mosque would be a sign of that, although nothing about trying to keep it out due to being in a "residential Catholic community" gives me any hope that things are changing all that quickly or willingly.

I will admit to never having been back to that lovely community, except to pass through as quickly as possible, after a black friend of mine and I were pulled over for "unnecessary driving" while looking for a friend's house, we were both laid face down on the pavement while my car was trashed [[er, "searched"). Then my friend, an active duty U.S. Marine with valid leave orders, was detained and kept handcuffed to a wall in the police station for over 5 hours while they "checked for warrants" and confirmed his orders with military authorities.