Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Well, the discussion and thread is about retail. Stasu1213 retail along Jefferson depends on available shoppers with available/disposable money. Any new stores that you are talking about do need large parking lots. The St. Jean and Jefferson strip mall has new retail with the Parkside grocery store and the Riverside Furniture store. Sure, they're not Meijer or Art Van, but they fill a need and they pay taxes. So, I'm not going to kick them out just because they represent the "B" team.

There really isn't anymore room on Jefferson for a Meijer or a Best Buy, unless you close off three or four residential blocks and buy up the remaining businesses and homes in that area. The residential streets east of Conner, north along Jefferson, and west of Alter would be those streets. This would not be an easy endeavor. However, I might have spoke to soon. Looking at Google Earth, the former site of the Chrysler plant south of Jefferson might be large enough to accommodate a Meijer or Best Buy.

BTW, Gratiot still has nine lanes, one left turn lane and four lanes in each direction. Woodward has seven lanes at certain points, one left turn lane, three lanes heading south and still four lanes heading north from around Little Caesar's Arena to Warren[[?). Michigan has nine out of downtown, west of Cass. At Sixth Street, Michigan gets narrower due to the new "inner-curb" bike lanes. Jefferson is still nine until you get to the new configuration around Lakewood/Jefferson.
    The problem is Detroit is full of B team like stores when A type stores are being locked out May be due to them not willing to pay to play. I had shopped at the B rated stores only to get E rated products while being forced to shop out of the city for the better basic goods. I still will not think that a furniture store selling car rims has no places in an uprising community

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    The problem is Detroit is full of B team like stores when A type stores are being locked out May be due to them not willing to pay to play. I had shopped at the B rated stores only to get E rated products while being forced to shop out of the city for the better basic goods. I still will not think that a furniture store selling car rims has no places in an uprising community
    Car rims posing as furniture is all the rage in places like Tribeca.