Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by jgavrile View Post
    I thought it was a loser as compared to previous years and to other cruises. I stuck around until 1:30 and most of the cars were current vehicles?? I had to leave,as it just wasn't interesting. Not the classic and hot rods expected from a cruise. Someone needs to get the people to get their cars off of the curb and actually cruise the street??
    It was not very interesting. Plus when they do cruise, they are going 50 miles per hour??
    Sorry to bump an 8 year old thread, as I was going to start a new one, but this post resonated for why I wanted to post.

Saturday I found myself in Eastpointe innocently going to a friend's house so they could drive to where we were going. Who knew that, from 10 Mile to 8 Mile, ALL the Michigan lefts were blocked AND the cross streets for 2 miles were CLOSED.

WHO'S FUCKING BRIGHT IDEA WAS THIS? My friend lives on the other side of Gratiot and before I knew it, I couldn't get to the other side. ALSO the left lane was closed.

The Gratiot Cruise is no where near as big as the Woodward cruise. I found a cop and asked him how I can get to the other side. He told me to go down to 8 Mile and the last Michigan left before 8 Mile is open. WTF?!?!

1) The cars sucked. Well over half of the cars [[probably 3/4) on the roads were modern. Probably people like me who had no idea and just wanted to get somewhere. Barely any rows of classics on the side. Some motorcycles.

2) Because of 1 the crowds were thin. Sure the weather sucked a bit, but at least Woodward always gets a good amount of crowds around the mile roads no matter what.

3) Because of 1 and 2, why the fuck is any part of Gratiot closed?! How is it even allowed that cross streets are closed off? Who accepts this shit to happen?

The cop basically told me "well we've been doing this for 25 years". I said, "I've lived off Woodward my entire life, don't tell me how to run a cruise!"

Woodward NEVER closes cross streets. As far as I can remember, lefts are always open and there's never a lane closed. And it's easily 10x bigger!

As if I needed a reason to strongly detest Macomb County even more.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Sorry to bump an 8 year old thread, as I was going to start a new one, but this post resonated for why I wanted to post.

Saturday I found myself in Eastpointe innocently going to a friend's house so they could drive to where we were going. Who knew that, from 10 Mile to 8 Mile, ALL the Michigan lefts were blocked AND the cross streets for 2 miles were CLOSED.

WHO'S FUCKING BRIGHT IDEA WAS THIS? My friend lives on the other side of Gratiot and before I knew it, I couldn't get to the other side. ALSO the left lane was closed.

The Gratiot Cruise is no where near as big as the Woodward cruise. I found a cop and asked him how I can get to the other side. He told me to go down to 8 Mile and the last Michigan left before 8 Mile is open. WTF?!?!

1) The cars sucked. Well over half of the cars [[probably 3/4) on the roads were modern. Probably people like me who had no idea and just wanted to get somewhere. Barely any rows of classics on the side. Some motorcycles.

2) Because of 1 the crowds were thin. Sure the weather sucked a bit, but at least Woodward always gets a good amount of crowds around the mile roads no matter what.

3) Because of 1 and 2, why the fuck is any part of Gratiot closed?! How is it even allowed that cross streets are closed off? Who accepts this shit to happen?

The cop basically told me "well we've been doing this for 25 years". I said, "I've lived off Woodward my entire life, don't tell me how to run a cruise!"

Woodward NEVER closes cross streets. As far as I can remember, lefts are always open and there's never a lane closed. And it's easily 10x bigger!

As if I needed a reason to strongly detest Macomb County even more.

You should have used one of the city's 4 public transportation bus services. Drivers would have known about the detours and got you there on time, without the angst.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-19-19 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    You should have used one of the city's 4 public transportation bus services. Drivers would have known about the detours and got you there on time, without the angst.
    HA! Oh you. You're so cute when you're trying to "catch me". I drive, I've never denied that. But I am also a proud holder of a SMART/DDOT DART pass.

No "detour" was posted. In fact, nothing was posted along the route about going down to 8 Mile. There was also no sign about the left lane being closed. It was just blocked with cones for two miles. It was a clusterfuck. What's funny is that I don't even remember seeing any press about it. I know these cruises happen every year but I didn't see anything about. I would've taken the 696 to 94 to 9 Mile route had I seen before.