Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

lilpup Guest

Why would you assume trafficked instead of entrepreneurial? Some panhandlers take home more cash in a week than I do working a legit job.

If you really want to get cynical, for some of them the wheelchair might be nothing but a prop.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    Why would you assume trafficked instead of entrepreneurial? Some panhandlers take home more cash in a week than I do working a legit job.

If you really want to get cynical, for some of them the wheelchair might be nothing but a prop.
    Have you been down to a game lately?

These aren't the same panhandlers you see coming off the freeway holding their sign, or the ones in Bricktown who wash your windshield and take credit for guiding you into your parking place along the street.

The ones I'm referring to are moderate to severe physically / mentally challenged, and much more vulnerable to this type of abuse. These individuals are not acting.

If it were merely entrepreneurial, I would expect to see competition.
    Last edited by 7andkelly; September-19-09 at 11:38 AM.