Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    I've driven by there, and they've always been closed. I assumed permanently. Do they carry the run of the mill, [[ha-ha), plywoods and hardwoods?
    You need to call ahead; 313-962-6448, Brooks Lumber / Ace Hardware at 2200 Trumbull.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    You need to call ahead; 313-962-6448, Brooks Lumber / Ace Hardware at 2200 Trumbull.
    Does Brooks own the mill/lumber yard on St Aubin about a block North of Mack? I do go to Brooks regularly.

Does Brooks own the mill/lumber yard on St Aubin about a block North of Mack? I do go to Brooks regularly.
    I took a little walk around Mack Ave and St Aubin, it was nice and cool, almost slipped on the icy virtual sidewalks on Google streetview; I checked out the building and found a sign on the side of the bldg;

Name:  trumbull.jpg
Views: 2659
Size:  21.0 KB

I took a little walk around Mack Ave and St Aubin, it was nice and cool, almost slipped on the icy virtual sidewalks on Google streetview; I checked out the building and found a sign on the side of the bldg;

WOW, Thanx! I became a little confused because I am familiar with the Brooks on Trumbul near MI. I owe you a virtual coffee....

WOW, Thanx! I became a little confused because I am familiar with the Brooks on Trumbul near MI. I owe you a virtual coffee....

No problem, next time I brew one, I will virtually enjoy it more!

I like old time lumber yards which are getting scarce. I also like hardware stores that carry the stuff that the big brand names dont have, like galvanized plumbing, aluminum and steel flatbars to make straightedges etc...

No problem, next time I brew one, I will virtually enjoy it more!

I like old time lumber yards which are getting scarce. I also like hardware stores that carry the stuff that the big brand names dont have, like galvanized plumbing, aluminum and steel flatbars to make straightedges etc...
    I really like Pointe Hardware. I've been going there for years. [[before Clint) They're still old school, will cut a piece of wood or pipe to size, only charge you for what you carry out, and helpful "How To" hints. They carry a lot of onsey-twosey items for repairs too.

Looks like Brooks is doing some advertising on the East side. Apparently the yard on St Aubin did close.

Bummer. But I guess there isn't a lot of demand for woodworking hobbies in Detroit. @ MICHIBOY, How about posting some photos when Reclaim Detroit finishes your headboard? I'd like to see what kind of design they came up with. Thanx.

Bummer. But I guess there isn't a lot of demand for woodworking hobbies in Detroit. @ MICHIBOY, How about posting some photos when Reclaim Detroit finishes your headboard? I'd like to see what kind of design they came up with. Thanx.
    I certainly will -- I'll keep a roving documentation of the entire process!